Watch "Cover Girl" Part 2

geneandstanley


Check out this variety from "Cover Girl" (it's known as "Make means For Tomorrow") and tell me that this is not, in fact, a primary draft of Kelly and Donen's elegant solo song and dance of "Singing within the Rain" from the film of identical name (which you will have heard of...) The backlot urban street, the utilization of the sidewalk and gutter, the lightpole, the disapproving cop. Nice as this variety is, it is not socko. however clearly Kelly and Donen liked the weather and revisited them eight years later, to immortal impact.

Another nugget on Donen, re: Kelly, and my DGA oral history interview of Donen. I asked Donen one too several questions about his films with Kelly and he waived it off and said: "I was co-directing. there is no such issue as co-directing!" Having simply finished a movie where the star was conjointly the producer and, thus, my co-director i used to be all to conscious of his pain and irritation. So--case closed. Later I browse a quote of Donen's, when asked regarding Kelly: "I owe him lots, however I paid that debt an extended time ago." Clearly no love lost, and the way typical of flicks (of show-biz in general); the best work is commonly tied to the smallest amount pretty recollections. and that they say that the films that are the foremost "fun" to create are sometimes the smallest amount fun to observe...



Recommended Posts :